Dog’s Health: Knowing the Foods That are Toxic For Dogs
You might want to share something delicious to your pup because you don’t want him to keep begging for it. As a responsible pet owner, it is important to know the foods that are healthy and toxic for your dogs. One simple mistake can lead to suffering and even death of your furry friend. The top 12 human foods that you should avoid being eaten by your dog include the following: chocolate, milk, cheese, apple cores, macadamia nuts, avocado, yeast dough, caffeine, onion, garlic, grapes, and bacon.
Chocolate is known as toxic food for dogs because it contains theobromine and caffeine which fall under the methylxanthines category, and the darker the chocolate, the more dangerous it is. Chocolates are dangerous for dogs, and when eaten can cause dehydration, vomiting, elevated body temperature, abdominal pain, severe agitation, muscle tremors, irregular heart rhythm, seizures, and death. Bacon and fatty foods are absolutely tragic for our dogs because they can cause pancreatitis or inflammation of the pancreas, and foods with high-salt content may cause stomach upset and bloating. Along with bloating, too excessive salt content on your dog’s food may cause sodium ion poisoning that may cause signs and symptoms such as excessive thirst, frequent urination, diarrhea, vomiting, seizures, and elevated body temperature. Garlic and onion combo in small doses are not harmful, but large doses may cause poisoning leading to destruction of red blood cells causing anemia, with signs and symptoms of breathlessness, vomiting, weakness, and lost interest in food, and a blood transfusion might be necessary. Consumption of milk leads to diarrhea, vomiting, and other gastrointestinal problems, and serious bacterial exposure may lead to disease. Raw eggs and meat contain salmonella and bacteria as well as hidden parasites causing food poisoning, so it is important to cook them well.
Xylitol is the main component of sweet foods such as butter, gums, candies, and baked foods causing insulin surge that may lead to the drop in your dog’s blood glucose levels and liver failure leading to signs and symptoms like lethargy, loss of coordination, vomiting, seizures, and eventually death. While the harmful compounds and chemicals present in grapes and raisings are unknown, too much consumption causes toxicity causing rapid kidney failure as evidenced by diarrhea, vomiting, and lethargic state. Avocado plant contains persin not just on the fruit but also in its leaves, bark, and seeds, so avocado must not be served to your dog in any way as this is toxic for him. It is not good to give apples, peaches, plums, peaches, and apricots to your dogs as it cause dizziness, difficulty of breathing, hyperventilation, collapsing, seizures, shock, and coma.